There are four gates or dwars at the Eastern, Southern, Western and Northern mid-points of the outer wall in the Sri Jagannath Temple. The Four dwars represents the four yugas, Four Vedas & four direction, The Four gates are listed Below.
Four Gates of Sri Jagannath Temple, Puri, Odisha
- East Side -SIMHADWARA (Lion’s Gate)-Dharma Dwar.
- South Side -ASHWA DWARA (Horse’s Gate)-Jnana Dwar.
- West Side – VYAGRHARA DWARA (Tiger’s Gate)-Vairagya Dwar.
- North Side – HASTI DWARA (Elephant’s Gate)- Aishwarya Dwar
- What is the Meaning of Lion on Elephant Statue in Temple
- Main Reason Behind Why Indian Women Don’t Prostrate on Sastang
- Panchalingeswar Lord Shiva Temple, Balasore