- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bosewas born on 23th January 1897in Cuttack, Odisha (Bengal Province), with 14 siblings.
- He was removed from college. His first act of anti-British resistance was an assault on Professor Oaten at Presidency College for allegedly making anti-Indian remarks and mistreating Indian students.
- He was imprisoned 11 times during his indian independence struggle. His anti-British-rule activities frequently landed him in jail.
- He was married to Emilie Schenkl in 1937, an Austrian woman. They had one daughter, Anita Bose, who is a well-known German economist.
- Netaji was a progressive thinker,illustrious Indian politician and a valiant independence fighter who encouraged women to join the Indian National Army and fight for their country.