Kanakund or kahnakund is the best tourist place in western Odisha. It is a beautiful picnic spot located at Kaintara Village under Balishankara Block of Sundargarh Dist that has not been thoroughly explored and is sometimes referred to as the grand canyon of Odisha.
Overview of Kanakunda
- The main attraction of this place is River IB, which flows in between the high hilled rocks creating a beautiful river gorge.
- It is a very dangerous area to be because of the depth of the water and the harsh rock formations.
- The water from the river carved such stunning patterns into the rocks that you won’t be able to tear your gaze away from this location.
- A wonderful area for a picnic, as well as a wonderful tourist destination for anyone who are interested in nature.
- You should proceed with extreme caution there.
How to Reach the Kanakund
- It is approximately 70 kilometres away from Jharsuguda.
- This place is around 130 Kms from Rourkela.
Beautiful Picture of Kanakund
- Very Smokey and Attractive Gundichaghai Waterfall
- Visit and Explore the more attraction in Huma Leaning Temple
- Panchalingeswar Lord Shiva Temple, Balasore
If you liked our article, you can comment on it in the comments box below and also share this post. Please Subscribe so that we will bring you more such articles in the future. Thank you. Have a good day. Stay Safe & Healthy. God Bless you.