The Armed Forces Flag Day or it is also called as the Flag Day of India. It is a special day to honour the soldiers and veterans of India’s armed forces. Since 1949, it has been held every year on December 7 in India.
7 Key Points on Armed Forces Flag Day
- History :- On August 28, 1949, a committee set up under the defence minister decided to observe and celebrated a Flag Day annually on December 7.
- Purpose:- Immediately after India achieved independence, the government need to care to manage the welfare of its defence personnel.
- Significance:- Every civilian must take the responsibility for taking care of the families and dependents of the armed forces personnel who fight and server for the country.
- Promotion:- Battle casualty rehabilitation, Resettlement and wellbeing of ex-servicemen and their families.
- Flag Day Fund :- The original Flag Day Fund was set up in 1949. The Indian Defense Ministry merged welfare funding into a single Flag Day fund in 1993.
- Fund Collection:-The fund collection is managed by the local arms of the Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) throughout the country .
- This day is marked to pay tribute to the Indian soldiers, sailors, and pilots.
- Salary of the Chief Minister of the Various States in 2022
- Name of Old 13 and New 30 Districts of Odisha
- Name of the Four Gates of Sri Jagannath Temple
- Some Major Operations of Indian Navy
- PMO India Address and Compliant Number
- Updated List of All 114 ULBs Name in Odisha